I often encourage people to consume their memes mindfully.
The message on this photo is *steeped* in patriarchal b.s.!
Personally, I pretty much disagree with every exhortation. I believe:
- it’s ok to not always be strong.
- Sometimes Bravery is honoring your limitations.
- It’s ok to celebrate and take pleasure in overcoming challenges and you don’t have to be a badass to make meaningful contributions.
- Honor where you’re at.
Instead, ask yourself:
- What is the cost of staying strong? What does my weakness need– Nourishment? Rest?
- How can I reclaim notions of bravery?
- Who does my humility serve? Am I running on old beliefs or stories that say I can’t feel satisfaction of my accomplishments?
- Is the pull to be a badass coming from ego or testosterone driven patriarchal holdovers?
- What is my deepest knowing asking for in this moment?
- What does my Organic Self truly need?